TechCollect is holding a special recycling event in partnership with Sims Recycling Solutions on Saturday 16 November at City of Canterbury Administration Centre in Campsie NSW, from 9 am to 3 pm.
Local residents, the general public and small business are invited to drop off unwanted computers, computer accessories, printers, and TVs, free of charge on Saturday 16 November. TechCollect ensures that at least 90 per cent of raw materials are recovered as commodities by its world-class recyclers for re-use in new products.
The free community service event is being held as part of Planet Ark’s National Recycling Week (11-17 November), an annual event bringing national focus to the environmental benefits of reducing, reusing and recycling. TechCollect is a key e-waste sponsorship partner for this year’s National Recycling Week.
E-waste is one of the fastest growing contributors to our waste stream in Australia, with about 16.8 million TVs, computers, printers, and related accessories being disposed of each year.
TechCollect estimates a typical Australian could generate about 400kg of e-waste in a lifetime, with about 106,000 tonnes generated as a nation each year – less than 30 per cent of which is currently recycled.
‘TechCollect is all about providing a free and convenient service that recycles e-waste to the highest possible standards. So you can feel good knowing you’re doing your bit for the community and environment when you bring your e-waste to us on 16 November’, said TechCollect CEO Carmel Dollisson.
Items ACCEPTED through TechCollect
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, faxes, scanners and multi-functional devices
- All TVs
You can also recycle your old mobile phones, accessories, batteries and chargers through MobileMuster at this event, making recycling of all of your old electronics free in one simple drop-off point.
Items NOT ACCEPTED through TechCollect
- White goods and household appliances
- Power tools
- Game consoles
- Video recorders and VHS/DVD players
- Radios and stereo equipment
- Non-computer batteries
- Drop off and recycling is free for the general public and small business
- For your safety, you may need to remain in your vehicle at the drop-off site when directed to do so by site staff
- It is your responsibility to delete any data from your devices
- For further information on e-waste recycling visit www.techcollect.com.au
TechCollect and City of Canterbury E-waste Recycling Drop-Off event will be held on Saturday 16 November 2013 from 9 am – 3 pm at: City of Canterbury Administration Centre, Rear car park, entry via Shakespeare St,